Cardboard Boat Regata July 14 - 5:30pm
Calendar Lottery Tickets 2018 are available now! Tickets are $10 each and good for 91 chances to win ($40 weekdays, $100 Saturday & Sunday) - Sep, Oct, Nov!
We are always looking for Volunteers and Donations! Donations help with our annual 4th of July fireworks display and volunteers are needed throughout the year for a wide variety of events. Please consider helping us in some way!
CLABA - Canadohta Lake Area Business Association, Inc.
Canadohta Lake is the best kept
SECRET in NORTHWESTERN PENNSYLVANIA!
It is Pennsylvania's second largest
natural lake in beautiful Crawford County.
Friends, family, visitors... enter a special place!
Well-known for its good fishing, sailing, fun spots, and all around friendly people. We are one of Pennsylvania's best-kept secrets with much of the natural beauty unchanged except for what's getting better. Canadohta Lake is an affordable community well-fitted to a variety of people's tastes and budgets. There are area activities in abundance for all ages. Stay with us for an afternoon, a day or choose one of the many accommodations for a longer leisurely stay.
Get to know the beauty of the great outdoors.
If getting away from the hustle and bustle is what you wish, our lake sets the scene for hiking, biking, walking, boating or just plain relaxing for all members of your family. Safety and security is why many people visit us year after year, making their own happy vacation memories.
A Colorful Past
- Canadohta Lake is the Second Largest Natural Lake in Pennsylvania and has a history that can be traced back at least to 1798.
- First named Washington Lake, in 1860 changed to Oil Creek Lake, then in 1894 changed to Canadohta Lake after the great Chief Canadaughta, a Chief of the Cornplanter Tribe of the Six Nations.
- 1865-1871 the Union & Titusville Railroad was constructed and ran along the west side of the lake, through Lincolnville, Riceville, and Centerville and connected with the PA RR at Tryronville. Through the aggression of a local landowner and farmer, Ben Ruggles, in 1905 Canadohta Lake was rendered a public trust by the state of Pennsylvania.
- The Marcresan Beach area was purchased in 1922 by E.P. Lee and developed by him and his son Max Lee. The original park buildings were destroyed by fire in 1931.
- The Canadohta Roller Rink once was the Collins Dance Hall which featured Guy Lombardo, Rudy Vallee and Ozzie Nelson in the 1930's.
- Many changes have been made in the past 200 years in the development of the Canadohta Lake Resort area. Today there are approximately 900 cottages and homes in the Lake area along with the many businesses listed in this website.
Our Big Fish Stories Are No Lie
The fishing is great in all four seasons! The lake waters in both the warm and cold weather and the many nearby streams enhance any enjoyable vacation. Our annual Ice Fishing contest in February attracts fishermen of all ages competing for some great prizes. Our lake has Northern Pike, Muskie, blue gill, crappie, large & smallmouth bass, walleye, carp, and catfish.
Hunters love the many public game lands to bag their prize-winning trophies. Our deer season festivities make the thrill of the hunt even more enjoyable. Small game and archery season in our woods and fields are rival to none. Bring your buddies or make new ones as you check out all the outstanding hunting grounds the Canadohta Lake Area has to offer.
President: Pam Ashoff Roberts, Pier 66
Vice President: Debbie Prichard, Community Member
Secretary: Tina Butler, Butler's Cottages
Treasurer: Jack Clark, Community Member
Directors: John Price, Community Member; Kristie Winter Community Member; Terri Ellison, Frog Pond; Susan Drake, Titusville Chamber
Auditors: Glenn Dandoy, Original Putter Golf; Cheryl Hyer, Hyer Electric
Jul 21 2018 - 01:00pm
Jail & Bail takes place on Saturday July 21st from 1pm to 4pm.
Jul 28 2018 - 10:00am
The Kayak Dice Run is on Saturday July 28th. Registration is at Frog Pond Pavilion on Friday July 27th from 7p m to 9pm or day of race (Saturday) at 10 am. Race is from 10am to 2pm.
Aug 04 2018 - 09:00am
Kids Fishing Contest & Fun Day on Saturday August 4th.
Aug 04 2018 - 04:00pm
Rubber Duck Race where folks buy a ticket for their favorite duck to win Cash.
Sep 01 2018 - 10:00am
Light up the Lake Night takes place on Saturday September 1st starting at 8pm.